Re: Valgrind testing, ideas

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Sebastian Gniazdowski
<psprint@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The arrlen branch seems to faint.

Sorry, what's the "arrlen branch"?

> Also I get multiple PIDs from valgrind.

Not all tests use the single zsh.  Some explicitly re-invoke
$ZTST_exe, others run in subshells.  In fact when I want to add
valgrind to a "make check", I insert
  local ZTST_exe=(valgrind $ZTST_exe)

> Last thing, there should be much more test files. Single test per-file, I think.

I'm not thrilled with this suggestion.  There are a lot of tests that
depend on sharing a single %prep (and corresponding %cleanup) section,
for example, and also a number of tests that depend on cascading one
after the other.  The amount of duplicated code that would result from
attempting to make these into singleton files would lead to other
problems.