Re: Building a new ZSH module outside the ZSH source tree

On Thu, 2017-05-25 at 15:00 +0200, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:

> > One thing: from Zsh 5.2 there was introduced addmodulefd() call. Created file descriptors should be registered with it. So module will need
> > #ifdefs disabling this call to properly load on zsh-5.0.8 or similar. I think what the addmodulefd() does isn't actually or fully used within
> > shell, the fd-management still actually relies on dup, dup2 knowing which FDs are taken and which are free. Am I right, could someone clarify?

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up, my familiarity with the zsh codebase is pretty limited at this point, but handling FDs (and correctly) will be
important for what I have in mind, so this is useful information, and a detail I could have easily overlooked.##SELECTION_END##