Re: Segfault in paramsubst() from completion (regression from 5.3.1)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 00:50:55 +0000
Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In 5.3.1 (Debian package) I just get:
>
>     _tags:comptags:36: nesting level too deep
>     _tags:comptags:60: nesting level too deep
>     _tags:comptags:67: nesting level too deep

That's the same problem.  We have no control over whether the system has
enough resources that we hit an arbitrary recursion limit before
there's a crash.

See many, many discussions over the years, including one quite recently,
and another not so many months ago.

Calling _normal recursively is in some cases sensible, in particular
if you've pruned the command line since the first call
(c.f. _precommand), so trying to check for a real problem isn't that easy.

pws