Re: GH:zsh-users/zsh-completions.

On Oct 18,  6:23pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} We preserved the ChangeLog in its existing form when migrating from CVS
} largely so that we were changing as little as possible. But we have git
} log. All new ChangeLog entries can be autogenerated

This is so appealing in theory and yet so horrible (IMO) in practice.
Git log format does not lend itself to this [*] and its immutability
makes it impossible to correct errors (of which we have plenty) or to
fix mis-attribution when e.g. one of the developers is committing on
behalf of some other contributor who should get credit.

[*] Yes, I know you can use formats to present the log in a whole lot
of flexible ways.  But the one thing you can't change is what info is
stored by git in the first place, to which to apply those formats.

--
Barton E. Schaefer