Re: Changing subword-range according to current completion context

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 12:52:10 +0100
Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to fine-tune the way words are interpreted according to the
> completion context which was used to expand the word, not to the zle
> context.
>
> Is it saved anywhere? Is it possible to correlate the two?

Hmm, I'm not sure that completion even has a generic notion of
words as such.  Each completion just parses the command line, generally
(but not necessarily) starting with a single command line word as
entered so far --- in this case parsed according to shell rules by
the lexical analyser, this is hard-wired because it's extremely
complicated --- and then takes it from there. I can't think of a point
where it matches neatly onto a single interface that tells you the bits
of what you're looking at.

Did you have an example?

pws