Re: Localize MATCH, MBEGIN, etc. in _zstyle and _globquals

On Nov 4,  5:57pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
}
} I'm just gonna share something that shows that / substitution could
} allow regex too, in ideal world.

Substitution is *very* tightly connected to the internal glob matcher;
I think it'd be quite a significant refactoring effort to replace that
with calls to the externally-linked regex library -- plus we already
have the PCRE vs. standard regex contortion.  There'd also need to be
different syntax (maybe just another (#) marker would to work) to signal
when you want regex interpretation, etc.