Re: Localize MATCH, MBEGIN, etc. in _zstyle and _globquals

On 4 Nov 2017 at 20:03:03, Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Substitution is *very* tightly connected to the internal glob matcher;
> I think it'd be quite a significant refactoring effort to replace that
> with calls to the externally-linked regex library -- plus we already
> have the PCRE vs. standard regex contortion. There'd also need to be
> different syntax (maybe just another (#) marker would to work) to signal
> when you want regex interpretation, etc.

I rather cannot dispute, and I expected that code is tightly tied to globbing, but it's just worth mentioning that often, when something isn't done at first attempt, it starts to be viewed as enormously hard. Even documentation update, when someone doesn't last to write the 4 sentences more on the last item, can take months. But here I believe that using regex in / substitution is actually hard.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
psprint /at/ zdharma.org