Re: [BUG] APPEND_HISTORY leads to complete reread + rewrite of histfile

On Wed, 2017-12-06, at 20:51:02 (+0100), Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Zeshy <ml.zsh@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [Complete write of histfile instead of just append]
>
> This happens because of HISTSIZE and the various HIST_*DUP* options.
[...]

Thank you very much for your detailled explanation, that at least
reduces my suffering a little! ;-)

I recently involuntarily encountered a Real Life resource sink, so my
half-finished response will have to stay in my postponed-folder for a
while, but I won't forget it.

Zeshy