Re: [BUG]builtin echo error doing arguments parsing

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 6:26 PM, Peter Stephenson
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:50:48 +0100
> Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Peter Stephenson

>> > Would look something like this.  Probably a good idea if there aren't
>> > subtleties?
>>
>> If we change it now, people would have to add a version check in
>> addition to their check for zsh to be able to echo things portably (to
>> know if they should add an extra - or not).
>
> The portable option is "--", which has worked for a long time.  Adding -
> would be a zsh kludge, nothing to do with portability.

My point is that if people are already doing "echo - $whatever" when
they detect zsh, and we stop parsing it, their stuff will break
(output their extra dash). I didn't try the patch but currently echo
-- just outputs --, only - terminates options for echo.

--
Mikael Magnusson