Re: [BUG]builtin echo error doing arguments parsing

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 20:00:58 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I didn't try the patch but currently echo
> -- just outputs --, only - terminates options for echo.

Yes, the -- behaviour appears to be general behaviour, in fact,
so not something that should be changed.  So indeed it's hard to
do this at the moment in a shell script without some kind of kludge
for zsh.  "disable echo" and use /bin/echo might be the best bet.

However, I'm not really sure if that makes it less or actually more
useful to align with other shells (with POSIXBUILTINS) from now on...
it's not obvious perpetuating the need for a kludge for ever more
is the best bet.

pws