Re: Why sourcing a file is not faster than doing a loop with eval, zle -N

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 03:24:08PM +0100, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> So in general all this would mean that getline doesn't provide
> performance gains comparing to current HEAD?

The memory allocation that getline() does seems to slow it down
considerably; in some cases the original was actually faster.

My other guess is that since fgetc()/getc() is very common
compilers spend a lot of effort doing special optimizations for
it, versus getline() which isn't used anywhere near as much.

--
Cheers,
Joey Pabalinas