Re: Please make "apt install <tab>" completion work on "local" .deb files

Dear Oliver,

> > > Is any path valid, just so long as it contains at least one slash? Or does
> > > it have to be something like "./"?
> >
> > Has to be "./"

I misspoke here - "apt install /full/path/to/filename.deb" *also*
works and is not covered by your patch, but at least we can detect
the leading "/" or ".". Indeed, I suspect this line is the relevant
one?

  +	/.\// -'[[ $subcmd = install ]]' /'[]'/ ':files:package file:_files -g

> This patch allows stuff like ./dir/zsh.deb or ./../../somewhere/zsh.deb.
> Are those valid?

(Yep.)

> Is the same feature applicable to apt-get or aptitude?

(Nope. `apt` is being a bit magic here, alas.)

.. apart from that, your patch is great and works for me :)

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb