Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Distribution docs for next release
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42505
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh hackers' list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Distribution docs for next release
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:00:28 +0000
- Cms-type: 201P
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailout2.w1.samsung.com 20180323100036euoutp02239ec4a8fda1da6fe13b2efd530a3936~ehFeuR0gj2584125841euoutp02p
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=samsung.com; s=mail20170921; t=1521799236; bh=7omqdDil7vWO6COu2lOI/bNkAh0BTEVrrSF+IcdCXyY=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:References:From; b=nwfNDaoPk3Ko0V0GnpAw/RA8ajZlADtu9RFx2v6u6e6Tit8L0cCeG9KU2TepzYL4n 75fOoimekduQSTPH68K/C46AIic7K3ckMNEsW2/JjdmnXTc900N/m/AW3DboXD0c2/ V/p6TP8Ys2zbaEPAtiGKfnDu/aoGovJuBuKW7xSw=
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: SCSC
- References: <CGME20180323100029eucas1p282d6d0828e5e6b723db10a36acfc2644@eucas1p2.samsung.com>
It's high time we made a new release. Here are some updates to the
distribution and I'll make a test release over the next few days.
I believe there's still some stuff from slightly before Christmas that
hasn't been properly sorted out. I don't think anything was urgent ---
we can pick it up again after Easter.
diff --git a/Etc/FAQ.yo b/Etc/FAQ.yo
index 6415045..c1b2f52 100644
@@ -306,7 +306,7 @@ sect(On what machines will it run?)
sect(What's the latest version?)
- Zsh 5.4.2 is the latest production version. For details of all the
+ Zsh 5.5 is the latest production version. For details of all the
changes, see the NEWS file in the source distribution.
A beta of the next version is sometimes available. Development of zsh is
diff --git a/README b/README
index 00bcc16..b213052 100644
@@ -5,11 +5,12 @@ THE Z SHELL (ZSH)
-This is version 5.4.2 of the shell. This is a stable release. There
-are some significant bug fixes over 5.4.1 and a few visible improvements
-since 5.3.1, the previous widely released version, as well as many
-bug fixes. Note in particular the changs highlighted under
-"Incompatibilites since 5.3.1" below. See NEWS for more information.
+This is version 5.5 of the shell. This is a stable release. There
+are some significant bug fixes and a few user visible additons since
+5.4.2. All zsh installations are encouraged to upgrade.
+Note in particular the changes highlighted under "Incompatibilites since
+5.3.1" below. See NEWS for more information.
Messages sorted by: