Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] Allow '=' aliases to be used with -L
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42515
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow '=' aliases to be used with -L
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 17:02:16 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=sMa1O58BT5s+iepJlhPga1GBJPxzL9aDk5YyBfZWVow=; b=pQH9vu+zPxF8ncv287ArZPOX5vWdAr7kcS9NilNPIzHwOxmYHSA0BAx7P1LCzEnykZ /lrPmSE7yNAzqTQOmckJoGRZGUvYgFOWHrXia4Tg7EWU2SmZHSnggAl2QVBnJaRJsn9P pziNLWSFGkqcOXTy6V8Ut3oxAB0rYHt4HwGzgxoG1AR8pgSfv5VB1t5IHNU/7tOJYdJX gJ5azjYDLB6lj86APwwQqfu0PLXB9yguF/N6tH8Z9JosIpefH4JJplgX6WEAyJzjD5aj ubhpPhc+0sgefYpEnWx+er/JuUlheNT2Y1dG5eC31XENdK5JlTFKyVvBwE6AwaF5IIj5 3goA==
- In-reply-to: <20180323172953.GA25905@chaz.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <20180323172953.GA25905@chaz.gmail.com>
On Mar 23, 5:29pm, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
} FWIW, another corner case:
} $ aliases[(e)]=whatever
That's actually not relevant at all to what follows, except that it
creates the string for "eval".
} Actually, I didn't quite expect that error message, I would have thought
} echo ''=foo
} would be the same as
} echo '=foo'
The problem here is that zsh lacks a representation for "quoted nothing".
The empty string gets removed entirely from the word rather than being
left behind to let the later parse know that something was there that
I can't think of an easy way to fix this without some significant lexing
changes, but perhaps someone else has an idea.
Messages sorted by: