Re: "echo | ps -j $(:) | cat | cat | cat" runs components in different process groups

On Apr 17, 10:19am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: "echo | ps -j $(:) | cat | cat | cat" runs components in diff
}
} On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:39:10 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > So if, when we determine that "&" is the command separator, we could
} > treat the command in the way the "time" prefix does, this would all
} > work out without mangling execcmd_exec() and prefork().
}
} That's good, I think that's probably worth doing.
}
} I think it would be fine to change with a note about the
} incompatibility.

Glad to hear that, however, I have very few clues about zsh wordcode (or
in particular about how to put something into the wordcode back at the
beginning of the command when we reach the separator at the end) so I'm
not likely to be able to change this myself.

There's also workers/42233 and related thread, if we're already going
to be fiddling with wordcode.  (Limitations on the size of a script it
is possible to zcompile.)