Re: PATCH: fg and bg tests

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:55:55 -0700
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Peter Stephenson
> >
> > With a bit of luck, dc is easier to manage all round.
>
> Sadly:
>
> ./W02jobs.ztst: starting.
> Pattern match filead, line mismatch (6/9):
>  <1
>  <zsh:*(stopped|suspended)*dc*
>  <*continued*dc*
>  <*(stopped|suspended)*dc*
>  <*continued*dc*
>  <2
>  >1

Bart's later experiments suggest this is the helpful behaviour of
exiting on SIGTTIN.

I did a little more experimentation, including attempting to use
subshells reading and writing.  Every attempt to make the input more
manageable resulted in either missing lines or empty blank lines.  The
real killer is bg --- I couldn't see a robust way of ensuring that the
process had gone into the background, got SIGTTIN, then suspended
again.  Needless to say I don't want just to add sleeps.

I think I'm going to have to remove those tests and give up on this for
now.

pws