Re: W02jobs.ztst hangs with zsh 5.6.1

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 12:19:49 +0100 (BST)
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd be very surprised if it failed, as all the hairiness here is in
> the use of zpty in the test system, which I've had a lot of trouble
> with when trying to add new tests.

It's unlikely zpty is going to get enough love and attention to be
robust enough for what we really need here.

I wonder if there is some replacement we could use that someone might
already know about?  The Python pty module looked like it might be
usable, but I encountered half a dozen Python-style illogicalities before
getting a dozen lines into a programme, so we'll need some existing
script to start with.

pws