Valgrind tests (was: Re: Zsh: [7] + 23074 suspended (tty output))

Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 16:01 +0200:
> Hello
> Allow me to do this broken record writing, but wouldn't it be nice to
> have Valgrind automatic tests prepared for a handy run while doing the
> `suspended tty' investigation and patching? The VATS (Valgrind
> Automatic Tests Suite) can be still added to upstream. It is just a
> copy of Test directory, I know this doesn't sound nice, but also:
> definition-files with non-harmful, already known Valgrind errors, and
> a Zsh script that parses Valgrind output doing some hiding,
> formatting, etc.

Yes, it would be a good thing to have support in the build system to run
the test suite under valgrind, complete with developer documentation
(such as what configure and config.modules settings to use).

However, if the proposal means having two copies of the Test/ directory,
then it's a non-starter.

Can you describe what changes would be involved?  Would the test
suite remain as portable as it should be?

Cheers,

Daniel