Re: long-standing tty related issue: wrapped Emacs not suspended

Peter Stephenson wrote on Tue, 25 Sep 2018 11:37 +0100:
> As before, the only way of teasing out problems will be to try this out,
> so I'll commit it.

I rebuilt + installed HEAD yesterday and will do so again once you
commit this.  (I see you've pushed 43535 but I'll wait for 43543.)

Incidentally, I saw some issues with 'svn commit' spawning gpg-agent
spawning pinentry in the terminal.  The symptom was that pinentry
wouldn't start and had to be killed from another shell, or if it did
start, the terminal would become unusable, even sequences of ^\
(SIGQUIT) + blind 'reset\n' wouldn't work, only half the keystrokes
would seem to reach the shell.

That was with 5.6.2; I'll report in if I see this post 43543.

I wasn't able to reproduce this by running 'pinentry' at the prompt and
typing 'getpin\n' into its stdin.  (Typing, not echoing; I suppose it
fails unless isatty(stdin).)

This was with svn trunk, but I don't recall any changes on svn's side.

Cheers,

Daniel