Re: zathura conpletion for zsh broken

Am 26.09.18 um 00:56 schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> Oliver Freyermuth wrote on Tue, 25 Sep 2018 23:22 +0200:
>> Thanks! Didn't know this is copied as-is, I'll take better care in the
>> future. Hopefully the commit message of the attached patch is better.
>
> Yes, it is, thank you.
>
> Not all developers copy the message as-is.  I happen to use git-am(1)
> to apply patches so it's easier for me to consume patches produced
> by git-send-email(1) or git-format-patch(1), like yours.  Other developers
> use other tools and don't care so much about the format so long as it
> can be piped to patch(1) or git-apply(1).
>
> [ Actually, I use a wrapper around git-am(1) that also automatically
> adds the mailing list message number to the log message and creates
> a ChangeLog entry.  You might find it an interesting read:
> https://github.com/danielshahaf/zsh-dev/ ]

[ That's indeed a good read, many thanks for the link! ]

>> The attached patch fixes the second issue, I tested with a dummy .so
>> in /usr/local/lib/zathura. Plugin file formats are now also made
>> unique. Let me know if this can be simplified, or if it is in any case
>> unneeded since the "uniqueness" is implicit in the matching code later
>> on - I'm still learning more and more about the wonders of zsh
>> expansion, and every bit I learn leaves me wondering how I could ever
>> survive without that knowledge up to now.
>>

> I've changed:
> .
>     +    plugins_files+=( $plugins_dir/*.so )
> .
> to:
> .
>     +    plugins_files+=( $plugins_dir/*.so(N) )
> .
> to avoid an error if one of the directories exists and contains no *.so
> files.  This was a preëxisting bug in the function (it means the '((
> $#plugin_files ))' check was redundant).

Good point!

> Regarding uniqueness, another way to achieve uniqueness is to pass -U to
> the 'typedef -a' command that declares the variable.

That's indeed more beautiful in most cases, and noted down for the future.
I hope I can make good use of that with a future contribution which will surely come
latest when I start to use a tool for which the completion is lacking or even missing.

Many thanks for the helpful advice!

Cheers,
	Oliver