Re: zsh-workers 43616, typeset doesn't report tied parameters

Hello Stephane,

Stephane Chazelas schrieb/wrote:

-- <snip> --

> $ readonly VAR=foo
> $ typeset +r VAR
> $ VAR=bar
> $ echo $VAR
> bar

Thanks for that hint. I was going claim that this is not documented
but actually i must have overlooked the word spezial in the manual now several
times:

Note that if name is a special parameter, the  readonly  attribute  can  be
turned on, but cannot then be turned off.

hmm

Can we have a additional sentence there along the lines of:

Note that in zsh (unlike other shells) it is possible to turn off readonly, when
the parameter is not spezial.

? please.

Thanks Stephane!

kind regards,