Re: [BUG] region_highlight+=( "$start $end standout" ) doesn't work as expected

I've tested this further. Turns out that when there is no previous
style applied, a magical from-nowhere inverse mode (i.e. standout)
appears on first selected character:

https://asciinema.org/a/KcB0iZNSx4QsYvHFWCT7kFsV2

The point is: I've changed "standout" to "fg=green", and did = not +=
on region higlight (to cancel any highlighting) – I never did any
"standout"/inverse mode, so from where it comes?

That said, in X04 tests this works (more on the tests in separate
thread) – only 'u' is highlighted with standout. So I wonder what can
lay (an option?) behind in-realword additional-inverse and
in-syntetic-test correct no-additional-inverse. Expecially because
this test also is free from additional-inverse:

widget() { BUFFER="true word2 word3"; region_highlight+=( "0 5 fg=196"
); widgb; }; widgb() { region_highlight=( "2 3 standout" ); };
zle -N widget
bindkey '^T' widget