Re: ETA for zsh 5.7? (was: Test release: 5.6.2-test-3)

On 1/21/19, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/21/19, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Any ETA for the final 5.7 release?
>>
>> I'm not waiting for anything myself.
>
> commit de31fe1f93890bce6cac1d443c7213b61fc512f5 breaks all colors in
> my prompt, so I'd rather not see a release without this fixed.

With the commit reverted,
% print -P %F{10}hello|cat -v
^[[38;5;10mhello

With the commit applied,
% print -P %F{10}hello|cat -v
^[[38;5;8;5;10mhello

I don't know what the purpose of the commit is, the message is very
unclear, it also doesn't appear to modify any documentation. I have
fg_start_code defined in zle_highlight and it worked up to that
commit. Blindly appending 8;5; to my custom start code seems extremely
broken and I have no idea under what circumstances it would ever be
correct to do so. In fact it directly contradicts the documentation:

fg_start_code (\e[3)
   The  start  of the escape sequence for the foreground colour.  This
is followed by an ASCII digit representing the colour.

8;5; is clearly not an ASCII digit.

--
Mikael Magnusson