Zsh Mailing List Archive

Re: [BUG Report] - *** buffer overflow detected ***: -zsh terminated

On Fri, 2019-06-14 at 09:32 +0000, hugues dupougetdenadaillac wrote:
> I would like to report a bug regarding zsh.
>
> This happened (and it's not the first time) when I logged to my server
> through SSH with MobaXTerm and execute the following command :
> grep -i "error" logfile* | grep -v "error : <Undef>" | grep -v "errorCode : <Undef>"
>
> $> zsh --version
> zsh 4.3.6 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu)

4.3.6 is a bit ancient, I'm afraid --- I do realise you don't have the
privileges to upgrade yourself but looking at the archive it's over ten
years out of date so nothing much is going to happen without an update
to the most recent, which is 5.7.1.

From the backtrace it looks like the crash happened when the spell check
function was running.  Have you got the CORRECT or CORRECTALL option
set?

Bonne chance
pws