Re: I have a question about zsh's bindkey.

Ah I had the same problem.

Add this to one of your zsh dotfiles (.zshrc or .zshenv I guess):

# Leave =/&; out of WORDCHARS so ^W acts more nicely
# -- still not ideal

I'm not sure how this works, because the "/" isn't even listed in the
WORDCHAR, but it does work.

It doesn't seem to stop at the characters as I think it should (it
doesn't stop at a "." in the middle of a word) but it will stop at the
"/" as you described (see below)

TjL
--
Timothy J. Luoma                         NeXT 3.2 m68k
First Try: luomat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx