weird xterm behaviour

   I'm having a strange problem with zsh in xterms.  zsh is my default
shell, so an xterm uses zsh by default.  I can open other windows from
the xterm (for example, I type 'netscape &') and it works fine, until I
close the other window.  At this point, the xterm also closes.  I'm using
Linux, and this doesn't seem to happen with any other shells.  Has anyone
seen this problem before?  Any ideas about how to fix it?

 Thanks.

 -Jon