Re: Stupid question: how to get accents in zsh?

On Feb 15, 1997 at 02:19:29PM -0500, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> I can't seem to get accented characters in zsh, I tried:
>
> export LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1
> export LANG=iso_8859_1

Here, LANG mustn't be defined.

> stty cs8 -istrip

Try:
stty -parenb -istrip cs8

Look also at your terminal settings. For instance, if you use xterm,
eightBitOutput must be true.

> I looked everywhere in zsh-doc, but I can't find any builtin.

I don't think it comes from zsh. Try another shell (e.g. sh), and
try "cat". Do you get 8-bit chars in those cases?

--
Vincent Lefevre, vlefevre@xxxxxxxxxxx | Acorn Risc PC, StrongARM @ 202MHz
http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~vlefevre      | 20+1MB RAM, Eagle M2, TV + Teletext