Re: zsh as root login

Andrew Main <zefram@xxxxxxxxx> écrit :
> Marc Baudoin wrote:
> >That's not what I meant.  Basically, I want to do :
> >
> >./configure
> >make
> >make install
> >
> >and end with a dynamic zsh in /usr/local/bin and a static one in
> >/bin.
>
> Whereas I want to execute the same sequence of commands and have /bin
> unchanged.  What's the problem with configuring and building the two
> copies separately?

Because it generates tow times the various .o files although only
the link phase changes (and my computer is quite slow :-)

Why not decide on the behavior based on an option to configure:

   ./configure --enable-build-static

compiles also a static version and installs it in /bin, whereas

   ./configure

retains the actual behavior?

--
Marc Baudoin   -=-   <Marc.Baudoin@xxxxxxxxxxx>