Re: bash-like completion?

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Andrew Main wrote:

> Karsten Thygesen wrote:
> >./configure --prefix=/usr/loc<COMPLETE>
>
> compctl -x 's[--prefix=][--exec-prefix=][--bindir=]' -f - \
> 	's[]' -k '(--prefix --exec-prefix --bindir)' -Q -S '=' -- configure
>
> Add prefixes as desired.  We should probably put a fuller version of this
> into the distribution.

Is it possible to do this in a global manner? Using compctl or setopt, but
not just for specific commands.

And what about an easier way to affect completion after command line flags?
All this compctl gibberish is very nice, but hardly user friendly. I'm
getting a bit tired to man zshcompctl all the time. Perhaps a gnucomp
builtin/function? That would make it easier to change the completion
behaviour for commands which use standard GNU-style options.

--
Wessel Dankers