Completion on word prefix only (tcsh-style)

Hi,

Is there an option to force zsh to only look at a prefix on
completion?  This seems to be the default in tcsh, but I can't get it
to work for zsh.

Example:

Suppose there is a lone file blah.txt in the current dir:

% ls
./     ../    blah.txt

If I hit [TAB] in the following example, with the cursor over the first
x, I get a beep and no completion.

% ls blxxx
       ^

In tcsh, however, it completes to:

% ls blah.txt xxx
              ^

And keeps the cursor over the first x.  Basically what tcsh does is
assume that the word suffix (anything after the cursor) is a different
word, and just completes on the word prefix.  Is there a way to get zsh
to do this too?

BTW, the COMPLETE_IN_WORD option sounded good but didn't do the trick.

Thanks,

Steve