Re: NEVERMIND >> Re: anyone have a recent zsh for BSD/OS ?

Just exec zsh -l from .profile, that is, if the parent of the current
shell ( $PPID ) is not a zsh process.

Or, on Solaris, ln -s ~/bin/zsh ~/bin/-zsh

then when you do a -zsh, the shell will assume you are logging in, and as
soon as the zsh process loads your current shell exits (might be wrong on
the order, but Solaris does do something similar).

Shawn