Re: zsh vs. ksh coproc redirection semantics

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>I'd take a poll first (and see if you can get PF to answer).  One aspect
>of the current zsh behavior is that you can leave the same coproc running
>all day and feed different stuff through it from time to time, which IIRC
>was actually discussed in a long-ago introduction-to-zsh document that
>Paul once distributed.

That is an issue.  Maybe there's reason enough for an option to flip
the behaviour of >&p.  (We could add >&p- and >&p+ which aren't affected
by options.)

>With respect to that, I suggest simply making <&999 >&999 legal syntax
>when a particular option is set.

That's already legal.  It's 999>&1 that's the problem.  I think an option
is a good solution.

-zefram