Re: completion ignoring

Vincent Lefevre <Vincent.Lefevre@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> $ benchmul[TAB]
> benchmul-sparc4  benchmul-ultra1  benchmul.o
>
> (These 3 files are in a directory that is in my PATH.)
>
> $ ll sparc/benchmul*
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 vlefevre lip         14924 May 29 16:12 sparc/benchmul-sparc4*
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 vlefevre lip         14924 May 29 13:27 sparc/benchmul-ultra1*
> -rw-r--r--   1 vlefevre lip          1388 May 29 16:12 sparc/benchmul.o

> $ echo $ZSH_VERSION
> 3.0.5

OK, I think that's a bug in 3.0.5 then.  It could be your
configuration (if things work properly with "zsh -f" then you should
look there), but it may be something that was added since.  I only
have 3.1.2 and later (which are still beta, but which will be released
properly relatively soon, I hope), so I can't easily check 3.0.5.

What does the manpage zshcompctl say, under the -C option?  For 3.1.2,
it explicitly says:

	 -C     controls completion when the command word itself is
		   being completed.  If no compctl -C command has been
		   issued,    the  names  of  any  executable  command
		   (whether in the path or specific to the shell, such
		   as aliases or functions) are completed.