Newbie/aliases disappearing?

Having just swapped from Bash to Zsh (seduced by the programmable
completion, mostly!) I have RTFM'd enough to get things more-or-less
working.  This includes a bundle of aliases and shell functions to
do ... well, lots of stuff.

Trouble is, they seem to unset themselves!  I have them in ~/.zshrc
and straight after I log in everything is  fine, but after a while
when I go to use one of these aliases I get "zsh: command not found".

Logging out then back in again always fixes it ... for a while.

I haven't been able to figure out quite what makes this happen, but
I'll keep trying.

Oh, and the same thing doesn't  seem to happen with the shell
functions.

Gossamer

--
: Gossamer - gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
: Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a