Re: Controlling the order of -/g produced files and directories

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

| } Although I didn't find explanation for this -/g option
|
| That's not one option, it's two:
| 	-/
| 	-g '*.(tgz|tar.gz)'

Well, now that I checked it, I couldn't find explanation for -/
option either. It seems that the info manual of my zsh 3.1.2(-8,
this is from the Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 distribution) is pretty
old:
"""
Document Edition 2.1.10, last updated 15 October 1996, of `The Z Shell
Guide', for zsh, Version 3.0.1.
"""

I hope there will be an updated version because it seems that
there are new interesting features in latest zsh versions that I
am not aware of.

| Zsh currently sorts the completion list itself, alphabetically; there
| has been discussion of changing this on the developer's list, but at
| the moment you can't force files to sort ahead of directories.

Ok. Count me as interested in such a feature :)

Thanks for the information,
//Hannu