ZSH-3.0.5 on DEC OSF 4.0 & 3.2

    Hello,

    I've been re-building zsh for my new job, and I've run into a few
problems  with the DEC OSF machines that we have here.

    Building the shell and running it seems to work fine, until I try to
run a command that
doesn't exist or until I try to list a directory/file that doesn't
exist.  In these cases, the respective command either hangs (trying to
run a nonexistent command), or it doesn't return anything to indicate
that the respective directory/file doesn't exist.

    However, in the case of 'ls', the return code of the command is 2.

    Any idea what the problem could be.  I don't even now where to start
looking.

    Thanks for any assistance,
    greg

   P.S. The machines are in a heterogeneous NIS environment.