Re: setopt and alias questions

now <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.  Forwarding through the old address won't
work forever.  Your Mail-Followup-To: header should be fixed, too.

On Feb 7,  7:37pm, Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
} Subject: setopt and alias questions
}
} 	1) is there some way to force setopt to list the status
} of all options?

Yes:  setopt kshoptionprint

However, this produces all sorts of lovely double-negatives like

noalwayslastprompt    off
noautolist            off
noautomenu            off
nolistambiguous       off
nolistbeep            off
nolisttypes           off

} right now, it only lists the status of those that
} have been changed from the shell defaults

Yes.  This was done so that the output of "setopt" with no args would not
change radically from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.  Of course, I then disagreed (and
still do) with the decision to turn so many options "on" by default.

} 	2) does zsh not support tracking or exporting of aliases?

Zsh does not export aliases.  I don't know what you mean by "tracking."