Re: Idle function?

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 01:37:56PM +1000, Bek Oberin wrote:
> Is it possible for a console to auto-execute a command when it has
> been idle for x number of minutes?  I don't want it to log off, just
> reread some config files.
	i could swear you asked this sometime last year, too... i think the
eventual answer was something like "have your preexec reset an IDLETIME
variable, and then start a background process that checked the value of
IDLETIME every so often and did something if it hadn't been reset in the
relevant time period".
	the details should be in the archives.

	-- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli
IS Coordinator, The George Washington University