Re: Second form of cd.

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 03:32:20PM -0500, Larry P. Schrof wrote:
> I am wondering if this an intentional feature or a bug.  I am running
> 3.1.5...
>
> When you type 'cd <old> <new>' on the command line, zsh replaces
> only the FIRST occurance of <old> in the directory. I've actually run
> into situations where <old> occurs more than once in $PWD, and I'd
> like <new> to replace this second occurance of old.
>
> I am requesting that <new> replace ALL occurances of <old> in $PWD, not
> just the first one.

	along the same lines, the ^old^new form of history substitution
replaces just the first instance of old.  perhaps a flag of some sort
(cd -g, maybe, for cd, and ^^old^new for history substitution?) could be
added to indicate that global replacement should occur?

	-- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli
IS Coordinator, The George Washington University