Re: howto: no space after completion (this used to work in 3.0.5!!!!)

Replying to message of Sun, 9 May 1999 13:01:57 -0400
	from "Michael Barnes" <mibarnes@xxxxxx>
	regarding ``Re: howto: no space after completion (this used to work
in 3.0.5!!!!)''

> > when I do
> >
> > # cd $la[tab]
>
> try cd ~la[tab]
>
> I do it all the time for long directories that I access all the time and
> it makes the prompt path shorter too:

Thanks.  Unfortunately, even if I did want to retrain my fingers (which I
really don't want to do, and $ is much easier to reach than ~) this still
doesn't seem to work for me:

# cd ~la[tab]
# cd ~la[cursor here]

TjL