Re: Call for opinions on a couple of prospective zsh patches

On Jun 6,  4:13pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Call for opinions on a couple of prospective zsh patches
}
} "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
} > * Partial word motions in the face of mixed case, i.e. move the cursor to
} >   the next/previous capital letter InMixedCaseWordsLikeThisOne, including
} >   deletions that treat words this way.
}
} Well, in 3.1 you can do more sophisticated things by altering $CURSOR with
} widgets already, so new builtins are not really necessary.  Furthermore,
} getting a complete set of functions with this alternative word behaviour
} looks a slightly wasteful way of doing it (and if it's an incomplete set of
} functions, I guarantee it won't have the one you want).

Looking at it more closely, I see that Greg didn't supply backward motion,
only forward motion and both forward and backward deletion.  It wouldn't
be difficult for me to add backward motion.

However, as you point out:

} ... forward-word puts the cursor *after* the non-word character ...

and so does backward-word; both assume that there is at least one non-word
character between words, which isNotTheCaseHere.  So a simple change for
something like WORDCHARS would leave the cursor in the wrong place on
every motion.