Re: segmentation fault at startup

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 10:58:09AM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Matt Garman <garman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I tried to build zsh from the 3.1.5 source.  The compilation and
> > installation went fine, but when I actually try to run the binary, it
> > just seg faults:
> >
> > zsh: segmentation fault  zsh
>
> A possible reason is that you curses headers and libraries are out of
> sync. Try it "make menuconfig" with your kernel works as an indicator
> (I'm guessing you're using Linux on an i386, right?).

Yes, I am running Linux on a PC (sorry, forgot to include that
important info in my initial post!).  I'm running Debian "Slink" 2.1,
if that makes a difference.

Also, I just did a 'make menuconfig' on the linux-2.2.10 kernel, and
everything went okay.

I suppose I'll just wait for zsh-3.1.16.

Thanks!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx