Re: cd directory completion?

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 03:22:19PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> I'd like to have cd complete directory names as well as
> symlinks that point to directories (zsh-3.0.6). Is there
> a way to do this without writing a completion function?
> (And I don't want to fiddle with any 'chase symlink' setting
> there may be - I like them the way they are).  I couldn't
> find anything appropriate in the man page. If it's not
> possible without a function, has anybody written one and
> can send it to me?

    I dunno if this is any 'good' (from a technical zsh perspective), but
here's mine for 3.1.5.  May (not) work on 3.0.6.  Also have provided other
(really) simple ones which I've used.

compctl -g '*(-/) .*(-/)' cd    # what you want
compctl -g '*(/) .*(/)' rmdir
compctl -j -P % kill
compctl -j -P % fg
compctl -j -P % bg