Re: different kind of glob_complete?

On Sep 3,  9:41am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: different kind of glob_complete?
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > I think the 3.1.6 behavior was introduced by Sven in zsh-workers/5871, and
} > was briefly discussed at that time.
}
} No, the behavior wasn't changed, only the manual was corrected, see
} zsh-workers/5879. I /think/ we once had this (trying it first without
} the `*'), but I don't remember when we lost it.

Hm.  As recently as 5268, you were busy correcting the 3.1.5 manual to more
clearly explain the behavior that the 3.0.6 manual still describes.  That
went into 3.1.5-pws-7.  But I just tried it, and even in 3.0.5 the behavior
is the same as 3.1.6.  So I need to correct the 3.0.6 doc.

It was Andrej's remarks in 5873 that made me blame 5871, but I missed 5875.

} We could add an option to allow this for it, but should we?  Or may
} this be an incentive to go to the new completion system?

Does the setting (or not) of globcomplete have any effect at all on the
behavior of the new system?