Re: cd, pwd and symlinks

Adam Spiers écrivait :
> Hubert Canon (Hubert.Canon@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > I have strange behaviours with symlinks to directories.
>
> [snip]
>
> Put `setopt chaselinks' or `setopt chasedots' in your .zshrc.  From
> the info pages:

Thank you. I didn't see these options.

But I am a bit confused, because I would like that `cd ..' had the
present behaviour (when these options are unset) and that I use
another construct (like `cd ./..' for example) when I want to follow
links.

youkaidi ~ % mkdir foo
youkaidi ~ % mkdir bar
youkaidi ~ % mkdir foo/bar
youkaidi ~ % cd bar
youkaidi ~/bar % ln -s ../foo/bar foo
youkaidi ~/bar % cd foo
youkaidi ~/bar/foo % l ..           # that's why I prefer chase_links unset
bar/
youkaidi ~/bar/foo % cd ..
youkaidi ~/bar % cd foo             # that's why I prefer chase_dots unset
youkaidi ~/bar/foo % cd ./..
youkaidi ~/foo %                    # this the new behaviour I wish