Re: Running N jobs from M all the time

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Oct 12,  6:38am, Szabolcs Szakacsits wrote:
> } Subject: Running N jobs from M all the time
> }
> } My question would be there is an easy way for $SUBJECT?
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to do something like
>
> repeat 1000 do
>     if (( number_of_jobs >= number_of_processors )); then
> 	wait $any_job
>     fi
>     command &
> done

Yes and thanks for the answer and run_parallel function. In brief
what and how I'd really like to see is e.g.

for i in * PARALLEL N ; do job $i ; done

Would it be very difficult to add these kind of feature? This would
always work when I'll do an

[anyshell] zsh
[zsh :)]

on any machine and no matter what zsh functions/extensions are
installed/configured.

	Szaka