Re: color prompt

Matt Garman (garman@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Is there any way I can colorize my zsh prompt?
>
> I've tried several methods of putting ansi escape codes in my PS1
> variable, but I can't get the results I want.

The latest development versions of zsh 3.1.6 have a themeable prompt
system with plenty of (ahem) nice colours.  Even if you don't want to
use a bleeding edge version, the relevant shell-scripts should serve
as examples of how to get colours in your prompt.

For information on where to get the latest development versions, and
very brief instructions on how to use the prompt theme system, see:

  http://www.new.ox.ac.uk/~adam/computing/zsh/

Adam

P.S. Please send non-development questions to the zsh-users list in
future, rather than zsh-workers.  Thanks!