RE: checking jobs when zsh exits

I am sorry to waste your time by posting wrong code to the list; there is
an error in the .zshrc lines which I just posted.  If you intended to use
them, email me and I send you a correct version.

(I was wrongly expecting that doing:  variable=`command`
would split the command output according to $IFS and join it up with spaces,
like sh seems to, so that you don't get newlines stored in the variable.)

Alan