Re: is this a feature of zsh-3.1.6?

[...]

> I use no_prompt_cr, and I have a right prompt and stuff.  Of course
> the command line gets a little messes up when programs don't finish
> their output with a newline, but that can easily be cleared up with
> ctrl-L.  I prefer to clear the mess up myselft rather than having zsh
> hide output.

I have the same config, but I don't enjoy cleaning up the mess.

Let's take a look, what is the behaviour in an xterm window:
airwin@kempelen:~ % echo -n Hello World\!                                 % 257
Hello World!airwin@kempelen:~ %                                                % 258

Now I turn "Auto Wraparound" off in xterm:
airwin@kempelen:~ % echo -n Hello World\!                                 % 257
Hello World!airwin@kempelen:~ %                                                7
                    ^ the cursor is here

Now with "Auto Wraparound" and "Reverse Wraparound"
airwin@kempelen:~ % echo -n Hello World\!                                 % 257
Hello World!airwin@kempelen:~ %                                                % 257
                         ^ the cursor is here

Is there a way to correct this problem?  (Assuming a perfect terminfo/termcap
database)  Irrespectively of the terminal.

--