I'm missing something with fpath.

Or maybe globing.

I'm running dev-16, but this has been a problem for a while.

I set up my $fpath like so:

#fpath=(~/.zfunc)
#fpath=( /usr/local/share/zsh/functions ~/.zfunc )
fpath=( ~/.zfunc /usr/local/share/zsh/3.1.6-dev-16/functions )
fpath=( $fpath /usr/local/share/zsh/functions )
fpath=( $fpath /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions )

when I do the

for dirname in $fpath ; do
  autoload $dirname/*(.x:t)
done

the script (.zshrc) stops at this point because site-functions doesn't have
anything executable in it.  (It has NOTHING in it)

When I say stop's, that means that the rest of the script isn't run.  I
don't see a way to exit gracefully from a failed glob attemp.  Is this the
case?

Also, since the makefile doesn't seem to explicitly make
$FUNCTIONDIR/compinit world executable on install, and the compinstall
function puts $FUNCTINDIR in .zshrc to be autoloaded from as above,
couldn't this lead to a bad new user experience?

Or am I smoking crack/missing something obvious?

Thanks;
Jason

--
Faith is not a matter of questions.      Jason Price
Faith is a matter of answers.            jprice@xxxxxxxxxx